Monday, November 10, 2008

The room is painted!

It was not a pleasant experience, though :)
Alex was whiny cause he hates painting, and thought his methods were better than mine. I was unhappy because the first coat of paint took about 3 HOURS because of all this method arguing, AND I had to go out and get more paint. I kind of expected to have to get more, but I wanted to make sure we needed it first before spending more money on it. But it was 5 o'clock Saturday night...I was tired, hungry, getting sore already, and I was not in the mood to go out and get more paint. I did anyway since I knew if we put it off til Sunday that I would be even more sore and not able to paint.
So I get to the paint counter at Menards, hand the guy my chip, and he starts making it. It gets mixed and jiggled around, and then he spends a while with his back towards me trying to wipe up a mess and get the lid back on. Oh great. Then he gives it to me (with some paint already dripping out of it) and says, "just be careful where you put this in your car because some of it leaked out."
How exciting. I start my walk to the front counter and paint starts to drip more and more out of the can (it was the kind with the screw off lid). I'm thinking "I could be getting this all over myself" as it continues to ooze out. I finally get to the check out and ask the boy for some paper towels. He kind of looks at me like 'what happened' and gets a manager to come help clean the mess up. The boy asks if I want another one, which I don't because the paint is fine, I just wanted a normal can of paint that isn't leaking all over the place.
And then I start crying right there at the check out.
I blame it on the hormones, tiredness and the fact that I knew that I still had to go home and spend a couple hours painting. The manager keeps apologizing to me and even gets on a phone to find out who mixed my paint. I told them I was sorry for crying and that I was pregnant, I guess hoping they'd understand that I'm not just a woman who goes around crying about spilled paint :) I paid, they wrapped it up in like 4 bags and gave me a wad of paper towels and I got out of there.
All is well now...the room is painted and looks good, Alex and I are still married, and I can laugh about the fact that I bawled in Menards :)

4 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

oh my!!! LOL what a mess!!

November 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Nette said...

Poor Buddy. Jen and I had a good laugh as I read it to her, though. You are a trooper, Laci. And Baby W will love it.

November 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

after all that work, we dont get to see pictures?? Are you still doing brown and green?

November 12, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Britt said...

Aw honey .. totally had those moments myself. Menards is evil to pregnant women, I'm telling you. I passed out cold while looking at paint chips when I was 20 weeks pregnant with KayLynn. Kelly caught me right before I hit the floor, and I woke up with a crowd of people around me, Kelly looking like he was scared to death and some lady stranger patting my hand. I start crying, the fire department and the ambulance comes and wheels me out the front door. Later when Kelly went back for our van and all the stuff we left in our cart, a checker he knew comes up to him and goes, "You missed the action! We had a lady pass out in the back a while ago..."

Thank goodness he thought better than to tell her it was me! I still get nervous going into Menards.

p.s. I always blamed everything on the hormones. It's a solid excuse that you can use for the next year, 18 months if you play your cards right ;o) lol

November 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home