Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The weekend

It feels like we got so much accomplished this weekend. We might not have, but the things we did were just so nice to have done.
First of all, the washer quit spinning last Wednesday. I put a load in and it made some noise, but everything was still in the same spot as when I put it in. No spin cycle. Alex came home on Thursday (YAY!) and took a look at it, fixed the belt, and then it popped off again. Luckily we have a spare washer and dryer at his parents' farm that we bought before we got married. His dad and brother came on Saturday to switch them out, but they ended up fixing the one we already had :) I still don't know what was wrong with it, but I have clean clothes now!
Alex also had his dad help him put some gutters on the back of the house (it's a mandatory thing here that had to be done by sometime in November). While we were getting supplies at Menard's I also picked up the paint for the baby's room! I can't wait to get that done, too. Anyway, it's a good thing that Wayne and Evan could come on Saturday rather than Sunday since it was SO windy on Sunday. I can't even imagine them trying to put gutters on in that wind...what a disaster.
It was so nice of them to come up and I'm very thankful to have a handy husband and family!
I also had my appointment on Monday. It was pretty short, they just checked the heartbeat (163) and stuff. I have now gained 10 pounds :) I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I'll be pregnant around Thanksgiving and Christmas!

5 Comments:

Blogger brentandsarah said...

It IS a good thing, trust me. I'll be downstairs on mom and dad's tredmil after Thanksgiving meal working it off while you have your feet up. Its a GOOD thing.

October 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Mary Poppins said...

You girls don't need to worry about your figures. I'll change the menu plans and we'll have a nice, simple salad instead of all those typical carbs. Alex will love it!

October 28, 2008 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Poppins said...

And your dad gained 10 lbs when I was pregnant with both of you..he's giggling about it now...

October 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger AiriK said...

ROFL you guys are hilarious!!

October 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger AiriK said...

oops! i guess eric is signed in to his google account right now - sorry! that previous comment was really me - brea... :)

October 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home