Thursday, January 1, 2009

...2009...

Happy New Year!
I've never really been into making resolutions, but there are some things I would like to do or accomplish in 2009. They are as follows:
Learn to play guitar
Learn to knit
(these first 2 were also things I wanted to do last year but didn't quite get to them)
Not be a weeny when it comes time to give birth
Make the most of the time Alex, the baby and I have together
Find some tasty meals to add to my menu, and maybe even sneak in some extra veggies for Alex
Train the cat to not jump on the counters or eat my plants
Have a flower garden
(which I did last year until the lawn guys weed whacked it off. This year I will put out a sign!)
Pay off the house! I'm not sure if it will happen this year, but that sure is Alex's goal for when he goes over seas.
Not be so electronically challenged
Find a way to make an income while still being home with the baby
Take more pictures
Get the yeast to work so I can have pizza dough and cinnamon rolls that actually RAISE
and last but not least...
LOSE 25 POUNDS! Hehe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nette said...

Laci, I love your list! We have some common goals. You can do all of these and more! I will encourage you whenever I can.

January 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger brentandsarah said...

I didn't know you wanted to learn to play guitar. Interesting. I could send you some more tasty recipes if you want. You won't be a wimp when it comes time to have the baby, and for the rest of your life you can say, "Well, I went through labor so I can...."

January 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Nette said...

Sarah, I like that you pull strength in your life after giving birth. Only women can do it!

I agree with Sarah that you will be good at labor and birth.
You have a subtle core of resolve.

January 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Britt said...

I agree with Nette and Sarah .. you will be everything but wimpy when it comes time.

When I was having Vivienne, my lovely nurse was stroking my arm (which sounds weird now, but was really comforting then) and she kept saying (in this soft, gentle voice)" Just keep going, honey."

And what do I do? I snort, and start giggling. And respond, "Well, I don't have much of a choice now do I?"

And Sarah's right .. I don't know how many times Kelly heard me say, "I just pushed a human being out of my cha cha so I can do whatever I want." after I had KayLynn. Never Gets Old =-) lol

Happy New Year!!

January 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home