Thursday, April 16, 2009

That time is coming again. It just hit me really hard this morning.
Alex's last day of work is on Monday, which makes me feel as though the time for him to leave is coming soon. I can't believe we have to do this again.
Up until this point I think I have handled this very well (and Alex agrees). But now I feel like a weepy mess again. I am totally overwhelmed with the thoughts of being apart for another year, this time taking care of a baby completely by myself.
I no longer live just a few blocks away from my parents, or a block away from my best friend. It's going to be tough.
Having done this before I know a little more about what to expect, but that doesn't exactly make it any easier. I know God will help us get through this again, but right now it just makes me sad whenever I think about it. I will have to get used to holding back tears again. Sometimes it doesn't work, but I try.
I haven't really noticed anything with Alex, but everytime I see him having fun with Zane it makes me sad about all the time he is going to miss with him.
This post is really a downer, but my blog is titled The life of Laci...and this is my life right now. Just writing this makes the load feel a little lighter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

I'm here anytime you need me! I'm just a drive away, and I'll make it anytime you need me to!!

April 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Britt said...

Praying for you, lovely!

April 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Nette said...

Laci, I appreciate your honesty and want to say gently, "it is okay to cry as much as you want."

I will come visit you and/or you can move yourself and little Zane to our spare room. Remember living together? That was fun.
You are.

April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger (lacy) said...

I LOVE YOU!
I'll just be a phone call and a short drive away. I'll come whenever you need me!
Praying for all of you.

April 17, 2009 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I'll keep you in my prayers. Josh went to basic training when Kylee was 6 weeks old and then was in tech school till Kylee was 10 months. While he was in tech school we lived near and saw him in the evenings and weekends though. I can't imagine how hard it would be for a year and him being so far away. You're a strong person. God bless you.

April 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home