Saturday, September 20, 2008

The first one...


So I have decided to start this to keep our friends and family up to date on the pregnancy, army stuff and whatever else (maybe also my crafty things). I enjoy reading my friends blogs, so why shouldn't I have one, too?

The main thing I wanted to get out there first is the decision we had to make a couple weeks ago. Alex's six year active term with the national guard is ending on the 26th, and then he starts 2 years of inactive duty. He was presented with 2 choices, which I will try to explain as simply as I can:

1. ING - neither one of us knows what this stands for, but it means that he would stay in the unit he is in now, and only deploy when they do (in January).

2. IRR - (individual ready reserve..I think) means ANY unit could take him anywhere at anytime. Medics are one of the most needed specialties right now so the chances of being deployed are pretty great.

While neither one sounds great, we decided on the ING. He knows and likes the people in the unit, and also where they are going. We've done this before and kind of know what to expect, but since he leaves in January and I'm not due til February, he will miss almost the whole first year with the baby.

I know this post is kind of a drag (they won't all be like this!) but it is the easiest way to let everyone know. We've been handling it very well I think, but you can still pray for us!

4 Comments:

Blogger brentandsarah said...

First: I LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND! Pink and Brown= my favorite.

Second: We'll be praying and already have been.

Third: I'm so glad you started a blog! If you post crafts I might actually be inclined to craft myself.

Your Favorite sista,
Sarah

ps. What IS up w/your font size?

September 20, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger breanna said...

oh i had no idea he would miss almost the whole first year with the baby. i can't imagine your aching hearts! i know mine would burst! i will be praying! keep us posted! glad you have a blog too! : )

September 20, 2008 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Britt said...

I love your layout .. so very Laci :o)

The Guard sucks boogers! I'm sorry he's gotta go out again :o( The Army has the WORST timing, ever! You have one of the hardest jobs out there! I wish we lived closer. You both are in my prayers, and there's always a guitar and a couch here for you if you need it ;o)

September 20, 2008 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Poppins said...

At least you have some new pics to post thanks to my lightning fast photography. It's not just anyone who can shoot faster than your hubby makes faces at the camera!
Hugs,
Mom

September 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home